One Stop System is seeking an exceptional and experienced Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant Summary/Objective:
Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial workpapers and consolidation, handling day to day accounts payable and receivable, account reconciliations and maintaining fix asset system. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, assist in financial reporting, operations and will be dealing with outside vendors and customers.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Assist in the month end, quarter end, and annual reporting procedures.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Fixed asset system transactions and reconciliations.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Process accounts receivables and payables.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge.
General accounts receivable functions
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Code, post, and receive payments.
- Match invoices to work orders.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform necessary account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment.
- Collection calls and emails.
- Maintain customer files.
General accounts payable functions
- Check, verify, code, and process vendor invoices.
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Process bills for payments.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Record purchases or fees, and employee reimbursements.
- Track expenditures for budget.
- Ethical Conduct
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and Organization Skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word) and accounting software
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- General office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is expected to work at least 40 to 45 hours each week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant certification
- Five years of accounting experience or equivalent experience.
Carla Basquin, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration