One Stop System is seeking an exceptional and experienced Accounting Clerk.
Responsible for providing accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department. Records daily activity to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts receivable and accounts payable duties, and assists accounting personnel. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support the department.
- Ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Assist in the month end, quarter end, and annual reporting procedures.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Enter daily financial transaction in the database.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Process accounts receivables and payables.
- Perform filing and general accounting tasks.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge.
General accounts receivable functions
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Code, post, and receive payments.
- Match invoices to work orders.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform necessary account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment.
- Collection calls and emails.
- Maintain customer files.
General accounts payable functions
- Check, verify, code, and process vendor invoices.
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Process bills for payments.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Record purchases or fees, and employee reimbursements.
- Track expenditures for budget.
- Ethical Conduct
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and Organization Skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable clerk or accounts payable clerk
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- General office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and is expected to work at least 40 hours each week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant certification
- Five years of accounting experience or equivalent experience.
Carla Basquin, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration