Document Control Specialist - Escondido, CA
One Stop System (OSS) is growing our Engineering and QA Team and we are seeking an exceptional and experienced Document Control Specialist to help us grow and comply to our ISO 9001:2015 certification. The Document Control Specialist will own data collection, organization and reporting aspects of the engineering change process, ISO documentation and engineering designs.
- Maintains historical traceability to products marketed by OSS for its customers and safety agencies
- Maintains and controls documentation produced from product development
- Insures a complete and controlled documentation package to support any product development by OSS and its suppliers or contractors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Engineering Change Orders and deviations
- Collects necessary data to support a product or product change
- Incorporates red line changes from ECOs into manufacturing/MRP systems and Engineering documentation
- Maintains database of Bills of Materials, component data and revision history
- Supplies information and documentation to suppliers/contractors and internal employees
- Creates Bills of Material and product structure for all OSS products.
- Maintains updates/revisions of OSS policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Engineering and QA Manager
- Leadership - Communicates ideas persuasively, gains support and commitment from others, inspires others to take action and leads by example.
- Organization - Organize and assign work to utilize skills, knowledge and experience of employees.
- Interpersonal Skills - Positive interactions with staff and management.
- Oral/Written Skills - Communications are clear, concise and achieve intended objectives.
- Pressure/Deadlines - Ability to work under pressure of schedules.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong background in modern Engineering and Manufacturing documentation procedures
- Strong background in modern Document Control practices.
- Some background in Technical writing
- Some background in Engineering Design including reading drawings and familiarity with CAE and CAD tools (including SolidWorks)
- Some background in database programming, setup and design
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, customers, and OEM's
- AA Degree with focus in Engineering or other Technical discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Sitting, Squatting, Bending, Walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Lifting up to 25lbs.
- Exposure to production environment.
- High energy, fast paced work environment. Rewarding and strong corporate culture that encourages individual growth and development. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carla Basquin, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration