IT Support Specialist
One Stop System is seeking an exceptional and experienced IT Support Specialist
Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist to join our IT department.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for answering incoming technical support requests in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
This position will be visible throughout the organization as the primary point of contact for support issues and should have the ability and desire to have a positive impact on the IT department and organization as a whole.
The role is responsible for the effective provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of end-user equipment, including laptops, desktops, phones, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment and assorted peripherals.
The IT Support Specialist participates in troubleshooting and technical research to promote continued innovation and improved efficiency.
The position will identify and document the proper use of technical resources and will train incoming and existing employees on software recommendations and best practices.
Reporting to the IT Director, the Support Specialist will be an active member of the IT department and will participate in technology initiatives as required, such as assisting with upgrades, moves, technology rollouts, onsite/offsite meeting coordination and participation in after-hours on-call rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide first-level IT support for end-user hardware such as laptops, desktops, phones, printers and other peripherals
- Supply first-level IT support for end-user software, including Windows, Microsoft Office and various software applications
- Respond and follow-up on all IT support tickets submitted via phone, email and in person
- Support local and remote users accessing the network via VPN and Remote Desktop
- Recommend and maintain help desk service level agreements
- Identify and document hardware/software recommendations and best practices
- Provide onboarding and offboarding of new employees by preparing equipment, creating accounts, provisioning resources and tracking assets
- Prepare and lead technical instruction for incoming and existing staff
- Recognize recurring technical issues and propose and implement appropriate solutions
- Take a proactive approach to the computing environment by identifying areas for improvement before issues arrive
- Maintain asset inventory and take ownership of tracking IT assets with HR, Facilities and other departments
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with desktop/laptop operating systems and software (PC, Windows, Microsoft Office, Mac/Mac OS, etc.
- Experience in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Experience using and support cloud solutions (Office 365, SharePoint, Google apps, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.)
- Experience with WSUS, imaging tools and unattended installation methods
- Experience with VMware and Linux a plus
- Experience supporting IP-based phone systems (Mitel)
- Experience supporting mobile devices (Android/iOS)
- Experience providing remote assistance over the phone or via email
- An attention to detail and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritize issues and take appropriate steps with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A patient, friendly, flexible demeanor with the nature to instill calm competence in stressful situations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of related technical support experience required, ideally in a 60+ user environment.
- Primarily sedentary, working at a desk in a temperature controlled office, in modular office space.
- Will require some moving of devices and monitors, tracing cables, etc.
Carla Basquin, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration