The Master Planner shall report to Materials Manager for all functions related to Planning.
The master planner is responsible for managing the overall planning activities. Master planning responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring a robust demand management process is in place to achieve 100% customer service level simultaneously driving to meet operational/financial goal & policies , which involves monitoring monthly revenue, forecasting, sales and operations planning (S&OP) capacity analysis , and end-of-life (EOL) activities.
- BA in supply chain management or equivalent, or 5 years’ experience in planning or materials management related field.
- Advanced PC skills, with emphasis on spreadsheet skills and ERP/MRP experience.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and people skills are a must.
- Ability to effectively and professionally work under pressure, in a team oriented environment, with frequent changes in deadlines and priorities.
- Team champion and lead administrator of demand management process
- Understand contractual agreement with our OEMs or customers and OSS, on material liability prior to loading demand in MPS.
- Develop customer commits to the demand plan based on material and capacity constraints.
- Maintain achievable build & ship plan, with focus on minimizing costs and internal lead-time.
- Monitor and maintain work cell capacity through use of capacity analysis
- Drive data integrity in capacity analysis tool. (Run rate accuracy, loading level and ramp rate agreement, and team education.
- Drive and maintain the backlog report.
- Report accurate completion dates to sales so they can communicate with the customer.
- Effectively manage accurate cut-in dates resulting from Engineering Change
- Notifications (ECN’s), product transfers and End of Life (EOL) activity.
- As needed, mentor and lead production planner, ensure proper training and development on build readiness procedures.
- Support and actively participate in monthly revenue, forecast cycle.
- Track and communicate all revenue progression and risks to operations weekly.
- Maintain tool to understand financial impact of MPS to forecast revenue variance.
- Communicate all shift requirements, via capacity model, and all future changes in capacity.
- Run the Sales and Operations planning cycle
- Lead planning team in supporting corporate, plant, and business units Strategies, initiatives, and metrics.
- Define and track on-time delivery, Master Production Schedule, and material downtime performance.
- Utilize, develop, and refine OSS standard planning processes.
- Develop firm understanding of cross-functional responsibilities, processes, and goals.
- Possess active knowledge of supply chain, inventory control, and manufacturing.
- Recognize critical components, pricing, lead-time, and high stocks.
- Action team lead in WIP tracking capabilities, BOM structuring, and process routings.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- All other tasks as may be assigned by management
- Possess knowledge of production planning and MRP, clearly understand the process or loading and changing the MPS, along with the impact on MRP and the Material planners.
- Clear understanding of material liability agreement that is contractually in place.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Carla Basquin, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration