ExpressBox 7 X8G2
Seven Slot PCI Express® Expansion Chassis
ExpressBox 7 X8G2 is an expansion solution that provides 7 full-length PCI Express slots. This is a standalone chassis in an industry standard enclosure with its own power supply. The PCI Express slots are hot-swappable. The chassis allows the flexibility to expand the I/O capabilities of a server or workstation seamlessly capitalizing on the transparency of PCI Express architecture.
Cost-effective Solution for Expanding I/O capacity
Magma ExpressBox 7 X8G2 provides a cost-effective path to expand the available number of PCI Express slots while maintaining consistent server or workstation configuration. The product provides increased I/O capacity and scalability.
- Industrial solution for adding up to 7 PCI Express cards to one computer
- Attach full-length PCI Express cards to computer with limited card space
- Supports speeds up to 40Gbps
- Supports daisy chain or fan out configuration of multiple expansion chassis
- Easy “Plug and Play” installation
- High-speed x8 PCI Express connection
- 4U rack-mount enclosure
- Two thermistor controlled CFM fans reduce unnecessary noise
- 550W power supply with (7) auxiliary power connectors for cards that require more than 75 watts
- Automatic power-up control by computer
- Hot swappable slots can be easily disabled by dip-switch
- UL Mark
|EB7-X8G2||Seven x8 PCIe slots with 550W power supply|
|EB7-X8G2||40Gbps (PCIe x8 Gen 2)|
|Dimensions||19” Wide x 7” High x 17.7” Deep|
|Weight||24 lbs (11.84 kg)|
|Removable/cleanable air filter|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-20º to 60º C|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 85% non-condensing|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|30 day||money back guarantee|
|1 year||return to factory|
Do I need drivers?
No drivers are necessary for this unit.
Is it approved by Avid?
Yes. Check the Avid website for specfiic information.
Can I add hard drives to it? If so how many?
This unit provides SATA power connectors for two hard drives.