7 Slot PCI Expansion
7 slot PCI expansion chassis
Got a small footprint computer and full-sized PCI cards? Don’t want to lose your investment in pricey PCI cards that don’t fit the new computer? Simply need more PCI slots or storage space? Are your full-sized, power-hungry, high-heat-generating PCI cards dragging your computer down? You can install practically any PCI card into the Magma PCI Expansion System and connect it to your new or old server or desktop computer through a variety of Magma host cards. The Magma 7 Slot PCI Expansion System is a 4U, rack mountable, chassis that allows you to plug-in up to seven full-sized power-demanding PCI cards and up to seven 3.5” hard drives in an external enclosure.
Increase I/O Capability
There are numerous performance and functionality hungry professionals that simply need more PCI slots than a typical computer provides. Even with the introduction of more robust desktop computers and servers, increased I/O capability is still required. If you have a powerful application that requires the use of several PCI cards, increase the number of PCI slots in your system with a Magma PCI Expansion System.
The use of computer specific host cards makes using your unique PCI cards and vital data as simple as “Plug & Play” because all you need to do is to connect the Magma PCI Expansion System to the host card for your computer and turn it on. Use the same PCI cards on your laptop as you do on your desktop or server – just add a Magma CardBus or ExpressCard and connect the cable. The auto-switching power supply even allows you to work internationally by simply adding a power cord plug adapter.
Setting up your PCI cards and data in one chassis provides you an opportunity to use a consistent hardware configuration – regardless of what type of computer is available. Being able to “hit the ground running” is vital to every successful venture. Being able to use “the same PCI cards,” regardless of location also reduces project risks. Host cards are available for the following systems: (1) Laptop: CardBus, ExpressCard/34, or ExpressCard/54, (2) Desktop/Server: 32-Bit PCI or x1 PCI Express.
- Increase number of PCI slots without replacing your computer
- Attach full-height PCI cards to computers with low-profile slots
- The only solution for adding multiple PCI cards to mobile computers
- Multiple expansion systems can be connected to a single computer
- Offers a consistent PCI configuration allowing easy host computer upgrades
- Patented technology provides low latency and high through-put
- Proven method to increase PCI capability without losing performance
- Non-enclosed board sets are available for OEMs and System Integrators to utilize their own enclosure
- asy Plug and Play installation
- PCI and PCI Express® host card provides easy connection to desktop computers and servers
- CardBus and ExpressCard modules provide connection to your favorite laptop computer
- Includes 1-meter expansion cable
- 7 slot PCI backplane (32-bit)
- All slots support full-length or shorter universal and legacy 5 volt only PCI cards
- 400W Standard or 400W Hot-Swappable Redundant Power Supply
- Dedicated fan for cooling PCI cards
- Optional PCI card hold down mechanism prevents cards from being dislodged during transportation
- Optional drive cage for mounting up to eight internal drives inside chassis
- Optional rack slide kit for rack cabinet installation
|P7R4||7 Slot 32/33 Rack-mount enclosure with 500W PS|
|Cable||1-meter PCI expansion cable (optional 1.5-meter length)|
|Interconnect Bandwidth||132 MB/sec (Theoretical Max of PCI 32/33) or 264MB/sec (Theoretical Max. of PCI 64/33)|
|Rackmount||4U Black Rack-mount|
|Dimensions||19"W x 7"H x 17.7"D|
|Weight||24 lbs or 11.804 kg|
|Emissions||Class A FCC|
|Removable/cleanable air filter|
|Host Connection & Power Consumption|
|Universal PCI 32/33||0.63W max; 5V @ 0.125A|
|Low Profile PCI (64/33)||0.86Wmax; 3.3V @ 0.25A|
|x1 PCI Express®||0.69W max; 3.3V @ 0.21A|
|CardBus (PCMCIA)||0.42W max; 3.3V @ 0.125A|
|ExpressCard||0.81W max; 3.3V @ 0.21A; 1.5V @ 0.08A|
|Optional rack slide kit|
|Optional PCI card hold down kit|
|Hard Drive Support|
|Optional Drive Cage|
|Total power on +3.3V and 5V must not exceed 200W max|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-20º to 60º C|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 85% non-condensing|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|30 day||money back guarantee|
|1 year||return to factory|
Is the power supply auto switching?
Yes, all Magma power supplies are auto switching.
Does it work with Mac and Windows?
This unit works with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Can I use it in a server environment?
Yes, this unit will work in a server environment. We also offer a redundant power version.
Is it rack mountable?
Yes, this unit is rack mountable in any ATX racks.
Can I fit PCIx, 64 bit cards in it?
Yes, the slots provided are 32 bit universal slots. They can house 64 bit cards.