ExpressBox 16 Basic
Sixteen Slot PCI Express® Expansion System
Magma's ExpressBox 16 is the simplest solution to seamlessly increase the number of PCI Express® slots available to your server or workstation.
Magma's ExpressBox 16 is the simplest solution to seamlessly increase the number of PCI Express® slots available to your server or workstation. ExpressBox 16 expands one host PCIe® slot to sixteen slots by extending PCI Express signals over a high-bandwidth x8 or x16 connection to an external Magma enclosure.
ExpressBox 16 consists of a pair of interface cards (x8 or x16), an iPass cable and a 4U rack-mount expansion chassis. The Magma expansion chassis is automatically configured by the System BIOS, with the expansion slots appearing transparently on the host computer.
- Industrial solution for adding up to sixteen PCI Express slots to one computer
- Attach full-length PCI Express cards computers with limited card space
- Daisy chain or fan out multiple expansion chassis to one computer
- Low profile host card allows for easy installation in low profile computers
- Easy “Plug and Play” installation
- Supports peer-to-peer transfers between cards in the expansion chassis to provide full bandwidth potential among I/O cards
- LEDs on backplane indicate: active link, speed (Gen 1 or Gen 2), partial or complete lane training
- Industrial 4U rack-mount enclosure
- Four dedicated cooling fans with thermistor-controlled fan speeds to reduce unnecessary noise
- Multiple power supply options with auxiliary power connectors to support cards requiring more than 75 Watts
|EB16-BX4||ExpressBox 16 - (16) x4 PCIe slots|
|EB16-BX8||ExpressBox 16 - (14) x8 and (2) x16 PCIe slots|
|Host Card Power Consumption|
|x8 PCIe||1.2A @ +3.3V (3.96 watts)|
|x16 PCIe||1.5A @ +3.3V (5 watts)|
|Dimensions||19”W x, 7”H x 20”D|
|Weight||28 lbs (13 Kg)|
|Removable/cleanable air filter|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-55º to 125º C|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 90% non-condensing|
|850W standard power supply||185,600 hours|
|1700W dual standard power supply||106,600 hours|
|850W redundant power supply||720,000 hours|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|30 day||money back guarantee|
|1 year||return to factory|
Is the power supply auto switching?
Yes, all Magma power supplies are auto switching.
Does it work with Mac and Windows?
This unit works with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Can I use it in a server environment?
Yes, this unit will work in a server environment. We also offer a redundant power version.
How many rack spaces does it take up?
This unit is 4U.
Does Magma sell an Auxillary Power Cable for powering of Pro Tools HDX cards?
Yes, the part number is 01-05996-03 and can be purchased online under Replacement Parts.