ExpressBox 3T built for RED ROCKET
ExpressBox 3T- RED is exclusively offered to users of the Classic RED ROCKET and RED ROCKET-X card. The EB3T-RED includes special mounting holes for BNC connectors and the special auxiliary power adapter required for the RED ROCKET. This allows the use of a RED ROCKET card without the need for the BNC connector bracket that would normally occupy a valuable PCIe slot. The perfect chassis for RED users.
- Attach (3) PCIe cards to Thunderbolt 2-enabled computer
- Extension of PCI Express signals outside the computer
- Daisy-chain or end-point device
- Daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 devices
- Use your RED ROCKET card and connect to provided BNC connectors
- Thunderbolt 2 features speeds up to 20Gbps
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Use any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
- Hot-swappable cooling fan
- Works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher and Windows 7 and 8
- Additional blower for extra hot cards
- 250W power supply with (2) auxiliary power connectors
|EB3T||Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe Expansion - 3 Slot|
|Cable Required||Thunderbolt (Sold Separately)|
|Interconnect Bandwidth||20 Gbps Bi-directional|
|Hard Drive Support||Optional built in drivebay for up to four (4) 2.5" SSD or SAS/SATA drives
(when using the drivebay, maximum card length is limited to 8.5")
|Dimensions||14.6” L x 4.3” W x 7.9” H (371mm x 110mm x 200mm)|
|Weight||6 lbs (2.72 kg)|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-20º to 60º C|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 85% non-condensing|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|30 day||money back guarantee|
|1 year||return to factory|
Is a Thunderbolt cable included?
Do I need any special Firmware, Software, or Driver?
No firmware, software or driver is required from Magma, but you may need an updated driver for your PCIe card.
What types of PCIe cards can be used with the ExpressBox 3T-RED?
Check the PCIe Card Compatibility Page for a list of cards that have Thunderbolt 2 Compatible drivers. If your PCIe card is not on this list, contact the card manufacturer to ask if they have a Thunderbolt 2 Compatible driver.
Are other Magma Thunderbolt products compatible with Classis Red Rocket and Red Rocket X?
RED ROCKET and ROCKET-X are both compatible with ExpressBox 3T-RED, ExpressBox 3T, ROBEN-3TX, and ROBEN-3TS. A special power adapter is included with ExpressBox 3T-RED for auxiliary power connection. Also a special bracket for the BNC connectors included on the ROCKET card is provided with EB3T-RED eliminating the need to use two slots openings for a single card. You can also purchase a RED ROCKET Kit separately on our website to work with other Magma Thunderbolt Expansion products.