Thunderbolt™ 2 Upgrade
Thunderbolt™ 2 Upgrade kit for EB1T, EB3T, and EB3T-DB
Benefits of upgrading:
- Move data to and from peripherals up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than with FireWire 800
- Thunderbolt 2 offers speeds up to 20 Gbps
- Daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch while maintaining maximum throughput
- Connect the latest 4K desktop displays and get double the bandwidth for your peripherals
- Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 are compatible with each other
Can the Magma Thunderbolt 2 Interface add-in card be used in a Mac Tower?
No, it will not work as an add-in PCIe card in a Mac Tower.
Do I need any special Firmware, Software, or Driver?
No firmware, software or driver is required from Magma, but you may need an updated driver for your PCIe card.
Do older Thunderbolt devices on a Thunderbolt 2 daisy chain affect performance?
Yes. If you have a mix of generations on a Thunderbolt 2 daisy chain, make sure that the Thunderbolt devices sit after the Thunderbolt 2 devices on the chain. Anything placed after a first generation Thunderbolt device will operate at Thunderbolt speeds.
Which operating systems can I use with my Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Card?
Currently Magma's Thunderbolt 2 Upgrade Card is supported by MacOS 10.9+ and Windows 7 and 8.