3 Slot PCI Expansion
3 slot PCI expansion chassis
Protect your investment and keep your PCI cards in commission with our 3 slot PCI expansion chassis. Expand the life of your PCI cards by keeping them protected and running in optimal conditions.
Need to upgrade your server or desktop computer? Don’t want to lose your investment in your specialized PCI cards that won’t fit in your new computer? You can install practically any PCI card into the Magma PCI Expansion System and connect it through a PCI Express slot on your computer.
Prolong Your Investment
Magma’s 3 Slot PCI Expansion System provides a simple, cost-effective solution for expanding the capability of practically any computer, especially as PCI Express becomes the industry standard, the number of available PCI slots has been reduced or completely eliminated. Many companies have invested a lot time, energy and money in solutions built around conventional PCI hardware. The Magma 3 Slot PCI Expansion System provides a safe "migration path" to PCI Express while protecting your investment in PCI cards.
Save Time, Money and Trouble
The expansion chassis consists of a host interface card, a cable and a chassis. The expansion chassis is automatically configured by the System BIOS making all of the slots appear transparent within the host computer.
Cost-Effective Migration and Increased I/O Capacity
Magma expansion solutions provide a cost-effective migration path to new computers while maintaining a consistent PCI configuration. In addition, Magma products significantly increase (I/O) capacity and scalability. Multiple expansion systems can be combined to provide an almost unlimited number of PCI slots* to a single computer. This type of scalability is especially useful in industries such as Telecom, Data Acquisition, Video Monitoring, Server Storage and Manufacturing Test Fixtures.
- Increase the number of PCI slots without replacing your computer
- Attach full-height PCI cards to computers with low-profile slots or PCI Express slots
- The only solution for adding multiple PCI cards to mobile computers
- Multiple expansion systems can be connected to a single computer
- Keep your PCI configuration consistent making computer upgrades easy
- Proven method to increase PCI capability without losing performance
- Connects to desktop and laptop computers
- 3 slot PCI 64-bit Backplane
- All slots support full-length or shorter universal and legacy 5 volt only PCI cards (optional 3.3V only available)
- Quiet cooling for hot PCI cards
- All Slots support full length (12.283”) or shorter PCI cards
- Versatile black enclosure can be rack-mounted or stacked on a tabletop under your computer or monitor
- Non-enclosed board sets are available for OEMs and System Integrators to utilize their own enclosure
- Only 2U when rack-mounted and brackets are included
|PE3R||3 Slot PCI Expansion System with PCIe host card (universal slots)|
|PE3R-3.3||3 Slot PCIe to PCI Expansion (with 3.3V keyed slots|
|SUBPCIHIF32LP||PCI host card|
|SUBCBL1.5HF||1.5 meter cable|
|Cable||1-meter PCI expansion cable (optional 1.5-meter length)|
|Interconnect Bandwidth||255 MB/sec|
|Dimensions||13.1"W x 3.5"H x 16.4"D (19"W with rack ears)|
|Weight||9 lbs or 4.086 kg|
|Host Connection & Power Consumption|
|Universal PCI 32/33||0.63W max; 5V @ 0.125A|
|Low Profile PCI (64/33)||0.86W max; 3.3V @ 0.25A|
|x1 PCI Express®||0.69W max; 3.3V @ 0.21A|
|CardBus (PCMCIA)||0.42W max; 3.3V @ 0.125A|
|ExpressCard 34 or 54||0.81W max;3.3V @ 0.21A;1.5V @ 0.08A|
|550W Power Supply|
|AC Input: 100-240VAC, 10,0A|
|Input Frequency: 50-60HZ|
|Input Current: 10.0A Max|
|DC Output: 550Watts Max|
|Total power on +3.3V and 5V must not exceed 200W max|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-20º to 60º C|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 85% non-condensing|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|30 day||money back guarantee|
|1 year||return to factory|
Is the power supply auto switching?
Yes, all Magma power supplies are auto switching.
Is it rack mountable?
Yes, this unit is rack mountable via the rack ear provided. It will be stationary in the rack.
Is it Pro Tools compatible?
Yes, this unit does work with Pro Tools systems.
Does it work with Mac and Windows?
This unit works with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Do I need drivers?
No drivers are necessary for this unit.