(3) Slot Thunderbolt™ 2 PCIe Expansion
Make your workstation mobile, and take your PCIe cards anywhere. The ExpressBox 3T can transform both computers and laptops, with Thunderbolt™ connection, into powerful workstations.
EOL, Call for Availability.
ExpressBox 3T provides an 'outside-the-box' solution for using PCIe cards with Thunderbolt™ 2-equipped computers. High-performance work flows are possible by connecting a Thunderbolt 2-equipped computer to a Thunderbolt™ 2 expansion chassis containing PCIe cards such as video capture, media transcoding, audio processing, and fast data storage. And because Thunderbolt™ 2 is also based on DisplayPort technology, you can daisy chain a high-resolution display with yournMagma ExpressBox 3T.
- Supports (3) full-length PCI Express cards
- Attach PCIe cards to Thunderbolt™ 2-enabled computer
- Extension of PCI Express signals outside the computer
- Daisy-chain or end-point device
- Thunderbolt™ 2 features speeds up to 20Gbps
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Use any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
- Hot-swappable cooling fan
- Works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher and Windows 7 and 8
- Additional blower for extra hot cards
- Optional built in drivebay for up to four (4) 2.5" SSD or SAS/SATA drives
- 250W power supply with (2) auxiliary power connectors
|EB3T||Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe Expansion - 3 Slot|
|Cable Required||Thunderbolt (Sold Separately)|
|Interconnect Bandwidth||20 Gbps Bi-directional|
|Hard Drive Support||Optional built in drivebay for up to four (4) 2.5" SSD or SAS/SATA drives
(when using the drivebay, maximum card length is limited to 8.5")
|Dimensions||14.6” L x 4.3” W x 7.9” H (371mm x 110mm x 200mm)|
|Weight||6 lbs (2.72 kg)|
|Ambient Temperature||0º to 50º C|
|Storage Temperature||-20º to 60º C|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 85% non-condensing|
|FCC||Class A Verified|
|Supported Operating Systems|
Is a Thunderbolt cable included?
Do I need any special Firmware, Software, or Driver?
No firmware, software or driver is required from Magma, but you may need an updated driver for your PCIe card.
What types of PCIe cards can be used with the ExpressBox 3T?
Check the Thunderbolt PCIe Card Compatibility for a list of cards that have Thunderbolt 2 Compatible drivers. If your PCIe card is not on this list, contact the card manufacturer to ask if they have a Thunderbolt 2 Compatible driver.
Is ExpressBox 3T compatible with Pro Tools?
Yes, ExpressBox 3T is officially supported by Avid for up to (3) Pro Tools|HDX cards.